Say: “I invited the entire class.”
(more formal)
Or: “I invited the whole class.”
(more informal)
2- Use "every" with singular, countable nouns:
Example:
I exercise every day.
= Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
Every student in the class has a computer.
Every necklace in this store costs more than $1,000.
3- Use "all" with plural countable nouns OR with uncountable nouns to mean 100% of many things:
Example:
All of this equipment is new.
= many pieces of equipment
All the students in the class have computers.
All the necklaces in this store are expensive.
4- Use "whole" or "entire" with uncountable or singular countable nouns to mean 100% of one thing:
Example:
I ate the whole pizza.
= 100% of one pizza.
I finished reading the entire book in three days.
=100% of one book.
Here are more examples that show the difference between all and whole:
I ate the whole cake.
= 100% of one cake.
I ate all the cakes.
= 100% of many cakes
The whole apple is rotten.
= 100% of one apple.
All the fruit is rotten.
= 100% of many apples, bananas, grapes, etc.
Taken from Espresso English
Nenhum comentário:
Postar um comentário